Powered By Blogger

Welcome

Hi everyone to my Speak Your Mind Blog site. I hope that you enjoy it and hope that you say absolutely what's honestly in your heart on each subject. ENJOY and GOD BLESS

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Forgive In Order To Move On


The Encarta Dictionary states that to forgive means, “to stop being angry at something: stop being angry about or resenting somebody or somebody’s behavior.”

Some of you wonder why you’re still so bitter about everything and/or everyone? Maybe you’re wondering why you feel like such a wreck? Only you would know what’s truly going on in your life and heart and only you would know if you resent anyone and if you do how much you resent that person. It’s time to forgive, and many, many times, after you truly forgive someone from your heart, a lot of things will change in your life. Having an unforgiving spirit, causes someone not to move on, and it’s because you can’t move on, why your life is so miserable.

I know a thing or two about not forgiving someone. I love my Father to death but I never realized how much I resented him until I came to Canada. He’s done many great things in my life but from growing up what I’ve seen and experienced made me begrudged him for a while. Like I’ve written before, I’ve watched him physical abuse my mom for a long time as a child growing up. I blamed him for throwing my brothers out the house, three of which has died. Two died one year after the other and the third one died just a week before my wedding last year. I've always thought that if he didn’t kick them out the house, they wouldn’t have been on the path they were to get caught up being on the streets. Look, there are many things he did right and many things he did wrong but I couldn’t live this life, especially a being born again child of God and not be able to forgive my dad, despite of everything.

We as human beings have done, and is still doing  so many wicked, crucial and terrible things on this earth and God forgives us every time.  He loves us so much he sent his only child to die for our sins.
Psalms 78 verse 38 states, “But He full of merciful compassion, forgave their iniquity and destroyed them not; yes, many at a time He turned his anger away and did not stir up all His wrath and indignation. God has given us the power to turn away from wrath as well. Stop wasting time on friends and neighbors and family and anyone around you, who you seem to have a hard time forgiving. Living a life like this doesn't get you anywhere, except that, some of the people who you seem to can’t forgive is moving on and reaching higher places, while you are still in that ridiculous, pathetic, unforgiving state that you are in.

It’s time to forgive. Don’t just do it for them but most of all do it for yourself, so you can become a better person. Do it so you can achieve and be where you want to be in life, rather than being stuck at an intersection, not knowing which street you need to take.
Yes, maybe someone has done something so terrible to you, but just remember that they are not living your life, they don’t make you who you are, that’s up to you. Live your life and leave the battling for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Subscribe with Bloglines